Jeff Bezos hasn’t lost money in 2020. 9 mind-blowing facts about Amazon CEO
According to Bloomberg's Billionaires Index Jeff Bezos, the world's wealthiest person, is the only one of the world's five richest people who hasn't lost money in 2020.
Jeff Bezos total net worth is now up to $120 billion, since he made more than $5 billion in the past three months.
Even after his divorce from MacKenzie Bezos he still retained his ranking as the world's richest person. MacKenzie Bezos kept a 4% stake in Amazon, which was worth about $35,7 billion which made her the 4th richest woman in the world.
According to Business Insider's calculation, Jeff Bezos makes $2,489 per second, so it is more than twice what the median US employee makes in one week. His annual pay is only $81,840, but most of his wealth comes from his Amazon shares.
We will share 9 mind-blowing facts about Jeff Bezos, which are showing how wealthy he really is.
1. Jeff Bezos is so wealthy that an average American spending $1 is comparable to Bezos spending around $1.3 million.
Average US household's median net worth is $97,300. Dividing $120 billion by $97,300 comes to about $1.2 million.
2. Bezos makes $2.2 million in just under 15 minutes when an average American man with a bachelor's degree will earn 2,2 million dollars in his lifetime.
The average American woman with a bachelor's degree will make $1.3 million in her lifetime according to the SSA. According to Business Insider's calculation from last year, Jeff Bezos makes $149,353 every minute and he has a bachelor's degree from Princeton University.
3. Despite that Bezos's annual salary is just $81,840, which is less than what most US representatives take home, he is worth $120 billion.
Business Insider calculated in 2018 how much Jeff actually makes in a year, based on the change in his net worth year-over-year and they found it's close to $8.9 million.
Bezos actually lost $10 billion in 2019 but it was mostly because of his divorce. So it's even more spectacular when to break it down to how much he earns every day, every hour and even every second.
4. Even after divorcing MacKenzie Bezos and giving up 25% of the Amazon stock owned by the pair, Jeff still retained his ranking as the wealthiest person in the world.
His ex-wife now is the 4th richest woman in the world, after David Koch's widow Julia Flesher Koch, L'Oreal heiress Francoise Bettencourt Meyers, and Walmart heiress Alice Walton.
She was one of Amazon's first employees and now her worth is estimated at $38.7 billion.
5. Jeff earns about $2,489 per second, it's more than twice what the median US employee makes in one week. So it's $149,353 per minute.
So it means that in just one minute, Jeff Bezos makes more than 3 times what the median US employee makes in a year, about $47,000 as Business Insider's Hillary Hoffower previously told.
6. Bezos has a net worth equivalent to about 25% of the top 100 US college endowments with his $120 billion.
Bezos' fortune is greater than these three richest colleges in the US- Harvard University ($38.3 billion), University of Texas ($30.9 billion), and Yale University ($29.4 billion).
7. Bezos would still be the second-richest person in the world, even if a moderate wealth tax had been implemented in America almost 40 years ago.
According to a recent study published in Brookings Papers on Economic Activity if the US had introduced a moderate wealth tax in 1982 — when the first Forbes 400 data on American billionaires was published — his net worth would now be about half that, or $86.8 billion.
Bezos would still be one of the wealthiest people in the world even with a mere $86.8 billion fortune, outranked only by French businessman Bernard Arnault.
Among the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, a wealth tax has been a hot topic, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren calling for increased taxes on the super-rich.
8. Morocco's entire gross domestic product is also not worth as much as Bezos's value.
According to The World Bank Morocco's GDP is about $118 billion.
9. Bezos is still the richest person in the world, even though he lost more money in 2019 than any other billionaire.
The Amazon CEO's net worth took a hit of more than $10 billion in 2019 — but he's still on top.
“What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.” – Jeff Bezos
More information about company and crypto license registration in Estonia: www.consulting24.co
Consulting24 OÜ is the fastest-growing consultancy company in Estonia by volume and has obtained over 300 crypto licenses. We have both tailored and ready-made companies for sale. Consulting services cover: company registration in Estonia, acquire a crypto license, open crypto-friendly banking, local/director AML recruitment, accept debit/credit card payments, draft terms & conditions.
If you are interested in services, contact us email@example.com
#jeffbezos #billionaire #richestmanonearth #digitalcurrency #technology #bitcoin #crypto #cryptocurrencyconsulting #blockchain #cryptocurrencyconsultingfirm #consulting24 #estonianmafia #estonia #companyinestonia #companyformation #companysetup