Lithuania Crypto Exchange License
In Lithuania, crypto licenses primarily encompass two operational areas for virtual asset service providers:
Cryptocurrency exchange license — This license enables a company to execute virtual currency exchange against FIAT and vice versa, or facilitate virtual currency exchanges among themselves, earning a commission for the provided services.
Cryptocurrency wallet license (cryptocurrency custodial services) — This license permits a company to hold virtual currencies in its wallet on behalf of its clients and maintain the encrypted private keys from these wallets.
In Lithuania, kick-starting your crypto journey is as simple as establishing a UAB - a limited liability company. It's the ideal launchpad for your crypto exchange or storage service. Just a capital of €125,000 is needed, with a modest 25% (€31,250) required upfront, while the remaining 75% (€93,750) can be paid off within a year.
We embrace diversity in roles. No matter where you hail from, you have the opportunity to be a director. We do, however, insist on having an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) officer based in Lithuania, a requisite to maintain the integrity of our crypto ecosystem.
Lithuania stands out due to its progressive, cost-effective way of licensing crypto businesses. Even before the formal adoption of the MiCa Directive, Lithuania has already incorporated some of its significant elements. Lithuania is always on the leading edge, demonstrating forward-thinking at its best.
Add to this, a quick setup time of just 30-60 days, and the necessity of a bank account which our Consulting24 team will gladly assist you to open. All these factors make Lithuania an attractive destination for crypto businesses.
If you are interested to to explore crypto exchange license in Estonia look here.
At Consulting24, we specialize in aiding businesses to obtain their AE Crypto License efficiently and seamlessly. Learn more about our services here.
Cost & Process
Notary/state fees covered;
Bank account initiation;
Share capital registration;
Provide passport copies (verification link);
Submit address, phone, email;
Issue POA for company registration;
NB! No visit needed for registration/account setup.
Scope of Services: What a Lithuania-Registered VASP Can Do
Comprehending the Wide-ranging Capabilities of Virtual Asset Service Providers
Crypto to Fiat, Fiat to Crypto
Possessing a cryptocurrency license in Lithuania endows one with the capacity to mediate the exchange between cryptocurrencies and traditional, fiat currencies reciprocally. As a result, clients are accorded the advantage of trading utility tokens ( Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, etc) and currencies such as the USD, Euro, and others.
Crypto to Crypto
Firms acknowledged as VASPs are accorded the right to offer exchange services for a multitude of digital assets, including but not limited to Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, as well as other utility tokens and coins.
Holding a VASP (Virtual Asset Service Provider) license allows the holder to safeguard clients' cryptocurrencies through custodial wallets. This essentially means that the service provider can create a digital wallet for a client, and, while doing so, maintains control over the wallet's private keys.
Staking as Service
VASPs are allowed to use staking to create passive cryptocurrency income. This process, similar to making a bank deposit, involves locking cryptocurrencies into a network to support its operations. In return, stakers are rewarded, usually with more coins, thus providing a way to earn while holding cryptocurrencies.
A VASP registered in Lithuania has the ability to carry out Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), Initial Exchange Offerings (IEOs), and Initial DEX Offerings (IDOs). These methods provide platforms for the VASP to introduce its own cryptocurrency. However, it is crucial to note that these offerings are exclusively limited to the launch of utility tokens.
Mint & Trade NFTs
A Lithuanian-registered VASP has the ability to establish a platform for NFT (Non-Fungible Token) trading, or even partake in NFT creation. This contributes to the formation of a unique digital asset marketplace.
"As the CEO of Consulting24, I have the responsibility of assisting aspiring entrepreneurs in establishing their businesses and obtaining the necessary licenses for engaging in crypto-related activities. Our company provides comprehensive solutions that streamline the entire process, enabling our clients to fully leverage the potential of the cryptocurrency industry.."
"I specialize in providing personalized services to companies venturing into the cryptocurrency realm. Through our expert guidance, clients can navigate the complex regulatory landscape with confidence and successfully obtain the essential licenses needed for their crypto-focused initiatives."