top of page
Image by Sebastian Pichler

Get insights on crypto currency laws with Consulting24.

Rich experience of 500+ licenses in Estonia & Lithuania

The Entrepreneur's Playbook to Crypto Currency Laws in Lithuania, Estonia, and Dubai.

For entrepreneurs venturing into cryptocurrency, understanding crypto currency laws, especially in Lithuania, Estonia, and Dubai, is pivotal. Each jurisdiction boasts its distinct regulatory environment and entrepreneurial advantages, shaping the foundation for successful crypto businesses.

In Lithuania, the crypto licensing process is renowned for its efficiency, granting entry into the broader European market. While the licensing does entail a share capital requirement of 125,000€, with an immediate payment of 25% (31,250€) and the remaining 75% within a year, its benefits are manifold. The country's flexible approach allows for a virtual office setup, universal directorship from any nationality, and no mandatory audit. The main ongoing expense is the AML officer's salary, with the licensing authorization wrapping up between 30-60 days.

Estonia stands out with its attractive 0% corporate tax and no dividend payment mandates, making it a hotspot for crypto enterprises. The crypto currency laws here permit companies to enjoy substantial financial benefits. But, there's a cost to these perks. Entrepreneurs must account for the license application fee of 10,000€, maintain a local AML officer and director, and ensure periodic audits. The crypto exchange demands a 250,000€ share capital.

Dubai, a global financial epicenter, is a draw for heavily-funded crypto projects, given its zero-tax policy on crypto trades and profits. Despite its higher crypto licensing fees, ranging from 9,700€ to 24,250€, with supervision fees being half of the license application, Dubai remains a recommended hub for premium projects. A substantial share capital of 194,000€ is needed for crypto exchanges.

The evolving landscape of cryptocurrency demands a keen understanding of crypto currency laws in Lithuania, Estonia, and Dubai. Tailoring strategies to these regions can unlock unparalleled opportunities in the crypto realm.

Explore Crypto Currency Laws _

Comparison Table: Lithuania, Estonia, and Dubai.

20 000€
25 000€
20 000€
License Type & Government fee
1. Cryptocurrency exchange license 2. Crypto wallet and custodian services license
1. Cryptocurrency exchange license 2. Crypto wallet and custodian services license
1. 9,700€ - Advisory Services & VA Transfer and Settlement Services
No additional fee
10 000€
2. 24,250€ - Broker-Dealer, Custody, Exchange, Lending and Borrowing & VA Management and Investment Services
Not required
Monthly and yearly are needed
May be required by VARA
Can be virtual
AML (Anti-Money Laundry Officer)
Local needed
Local needed
Can be any nationality
AML monthly salary
Starting from 1200€
Starting from 2000€
Local director
Can be any nationality
Can be of any nationality, but have to live in Estonia
Can be any nationality
Share capital terms
25% now, 75% within a year.
Required share capital
125 000€
100 000€ - Crypto wallet and custodian services license. 250000€ - Cryptocurrency exchange license
24,250€ (Advisory Services) - 194,000€ (Exchange Services)

Our Clients

Advisory Projects

Consulting24 Team

cryptocurrency consultant.png
Mardo Soo - CEO
  • LinkedIn

As a CEO at Consulting24, Mardo showcases an unmatched expertise in the domain of blockchain consulting, encompassing token launch strategy, ICO or IDO launches, and forging connections with launchpools. His role transcends the usual boundaries of client acquisition, placing emphasis on forging and nurturing long-term business collaborations. His flair for navigating the nuanced intricacies of blockchain, combined with a profound understanding of token selling strategies, underscores his exceptional leadership, making him a pivotal luminary in the industry.

Lena Elvbakken - Founder
  • LinkedIn

As a co-founder of Consulting24, Lena has established herself as a maestro in the sphere of crypto currency laws. Her profound insights empower her to adeptly guide pioneers in navigating the multifaceted journey of initiating exchanges and unveiling tokens, especially within crypto-receptive territories like Estonia and Lithuania. Lena's critical role in simplifying the intricate nuances of initiating a crypto exchange highlights Consulting24's essential contribution to the global surge of cryptocurrency.

Lena Elvbakken - cryptocurrency consultant .png
bottom of page